Attorney at Law
Leo has been practicing law in China since 2002 both with major U.S./U.K. law firms and as in-house counsel with U.S. based and listed MNCs in the industries of telecom and technology, healthcare and industrial services and manufacturing. He has been the sole counsel for Greater China (Taiwan and Hong Kong) since 2009 and APAC since 2011 including Australia / New… read more Zealand, Japan, Thailand and other SEA countries.
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Formation Consults
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
"Leo has been very helpful and diligent at supporting my business throughout the various stages, and he can think of solutions not just purely from a legal perspective, but can blend his legal knowledge with the business scenario and the predicted reaction of the counter-party to achieve my business goal."
"Leo has been a great help to me in my role of Commercial Manager as he applied legal analyses to the facts and navigated the complex scenarios and boiled them down to some clear and graspable legal and factual issues, and he always gave solutions. Specifically in the area of contract drafting, Leo made the contracts flow more smoothly conceptually and standardized the contract templates with clauses critical to an MNC such as IP, compliance and risk control, and we thought out solutions for using them with state-owned customers. Leo has really added value to our business in many ways."
Sr Regional Counsel, APAC
Jan 2017 - Nov 2019
• Member of Law Dept Sr. Leadership Team and global KeySeats Leadership Team;
• Business lines supported included long-term steel mill services, manufacture and sale of rail maintenance equipment, as well as steel grating products;
• Practice areas include Commercial, Compliance, IP, Corporate Governance, General Corporate, Disputes;
• APAC Coverage: China, AUS/NZ, Thailand, other SEA countries.
Sr International Counsel, APAC
May 2011 - May 2016
• Member of China sr. leadership team;
• Medical device business lines supported included IVD, surgical and imaging products;
• Practice areas include Commercial, Compliance, IP, Post-Acquisition Integration, Corporate Governance, General Corporate;
• Created legal support function of U.S. listed MNC standard for China;
• APAC Coverage: China, AUS/NZ, Japan, HK and other SEA countries.
Apr 2007 - Apr 2011
• Progressed into covering all legal and compliance matters for Greater China Networks;
• Supported all business activities in connection with the 3 telecom carriers in mainland China and some carriers in Taiwan and Hong Kong;
• Country-Go-To attorney for Motorola Solutions China 2010-11;
• Awards: BRAVO! (with cash), 2010; Outstanding Contribution (2009).
Lovells International Law Firm
Professional Support Lawyer
Nov 2003 - Jun 2006
Intellectual Property (mainly enforcement against trademark infringements), Professional Support.
Sidley Austin Brown and Wood Law Firm
Jun 2002 - May 2003
Foreign Direct Investment, General Corporate for MNCs.
Denton Wilde Sapte Law Firm
Dec 2001 - May 2002
FDI, General Corporate for MNCs.