- Tax Audit
- Tax Planning
- Other Tax Matter
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Equity Financing
- Fund Formation
- SAFE Document
- Securities Regulations
- Seed Financing
- Series Financing
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Subscription Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Other Securities & Finance Matter
"Aman advised me on choice of entity options (LLC, S-Corp, Corp) for incorporating my startup. He was very thorough, but more importantly, he was able to clearly and concisely explain every option and implications for taxation, future fundraising, shareholders, etc. He is very personable and patient, and I highly recommend Aman for any business related legal counsel."
"My business partners and I had been investing in real estate for several years when we decided to expand the business by raising equity from investors. One of my former classmates from The Wharton School referred me to Aman. Aman helped us structure and form our new management company as well as a new private equity fund. Aman did an excellent job of navigating us through the process and potential pitfalls involved in raising money from third party investors. He drafted an operating agreement for our management company, a private placement memorandum and limited partnership agreement for the new fund and reviewed our marketing materials to ensure that they were compliant with securities laws. The offering documents Aman prepared were extremely thorough and covered a number of issues that we had not previously considered. Additionally, the documents were very professional in appearance, which has given our investors an added level of comfort with our fund. I would recommend Aman to anybody seeking a transactional attorney."
Badyal Law PC
Nov 2011 - Present
Badyal Law PC is regularly involved in providing sophisticated tax advice in connection with (as well as documenting and implementing) various business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, cross-border transactions, international investment, loan workouts, joint ventures, and real estate development and investment projects.
For more information go to www.badyallaw.com
Tax and Business Transactions Attorney
Jan 2010 - Nov 2011
• Restructured investment company to minimize family’s aggregate tax liability and avoid Section 382 NOL limitations.
• Drafted tax opinion in connection with $50,000,000 historic rehabilitation tax credit equity investment (total construction expenditures in excess of $300,000,000).
• Counseled corporate client on various tax issues arising in connection with the purchase of $400,000,000 corporation.
• Advised client regarding the tax implications of sale of foreign corporation by U.S. taxpayer to foreign family member.
• Researched and drafted memoranda regarding implications of potential passage of carried interest legislation.
• Counseled client in connection with section 1031 exchange of $30,000,000 classic automobile.
• Advised client regarding tax implications of simultaneous corporate consolidation and initial public offering.
• Advised various clients and prepared documentation in connection with the issuance of both debt and equity securities
• Advised various foreign investors in connection with purchase of U.S. real property.
• Represented various clients in connection with California and/or Federal tax audits and appeals.
• Advised various clients regarding tax implications of various executive compensation plans (including the Section 409A implications thereof).
Tax and Joint Ventures Associate
Jul 2006 - Jan 2010
• Integrally involved in formation of numerous private equity funds, including preparation of operating agreements and private placement memoranda.
• Counseled large real estate developer regarding the various tax and other legal implications of a business restructuring, which included contemporaneous partnership distributions, partnership contributions, reverse Section 1031 like-kind exchanges and Section 708(b)(2) consolidations and divisions of numerous tax partnerships with an aggregate value in excess of $500,000,000.
• Counseled successful expatriate regarding Subpart F implications of selling majority interest in his foreign corporation.
• Structured disposition of approximately $35,000,000 worth of marketable securities by a family investment partnership in order to avoid the Section 731(c) rules regarding distributions of marketable securities and the S Corporation built-in gains tax with respect to the distributive share of one of the partners.
• Counseled various clients regarding the tax implications of various corporate reorganizations, U.S.-Mexico cross-border transactions, executive compensation matters, and transfers of California real property.
• Advised several clients in connection with various complex Section 1031 exchanges.
Feingold & Alpert
May 2005 - Jun 2006
• Researched and drafted memoranda for successful fund manager regarding structuring an offshore hedge fund, including extensive analysis of the taxation of Passive Foreign Investment Companies.
• Researched and drafted memoranda regarding the tax consequences of various outbound investments, including the Subpart F implications thereof.
• Handled one of the largest ever New York City residency audits for an ultra-high-net-worth individual (profiled in the Wall Street Journal and discussed on CNBC).