Attorney at Law
Valerie enjoys zealously representing her clients while still… read more collaborating in her negotiations for maximum results.
"The reason that my experience has been so good is that we are working with Valerie Uribe. She is the most knowledgeable, helpful, timely, and organized person I have ever worked in with any capacity in the larger UCSF system. She is a gem. I have no idea what our experience would be like without her, and I never want to find out."
Posted on Jun 20, 2017
"I would like to compliment Valerie's excellent assistance in having a contract with one of my research funders executed right away. She has provided us thoughtful suggestions and guidance during the process of executing this agreement. She explained all the requirements we need to provide to get the agreement executed and was very responsive to all my inquiries. She also closely followed the approval process of the agreement which facilitated the process tremendously. I certainly look forward to working with her again. She did an excellent work that deserves to be noted!"
Posted on Jun 20, 2017
Contracts and Grants Officer
Dec 2012 - Present
• Constructed, analyzed, and negotiated complex contract, grant, confidentiality, data use, material transfer, vendor, clinical trial, commercial agreements etc. dealing with a vast array of terms and conditions including scope of services, publication, media, use of name, licensing, insurance, indemnification, and intellectual property
Aug 2011 - Dec 2012
• Ardently defended insurance companies involved in asbestos litigation to diminish/eliminate business and legal costs
• Advocated for English and Spanish speaking patient families referred through the medical-legal partnership with Children's Hospital Oakland for assistance with public benefits
Eick & Freeborn, LLP
Sep 2003 - May 2009
• Structured various real estate contracts for both individual and commercial clients spanning a wide breadth of issues including purchase and sale, construction, lease, zoning and quiet title actions
• Drafted numerous estate planning agreements to achieve clients’ goals and to minimize future tax assessments; composed several court petitions in probate, real estate, and land use matters