Attorney at Law
Serving small businesses and entrepreneurs with business contracts and business formation.
Protecting businesses with trademark applications, searches, office actions, licensing, assignments, cease and desist letters, maintenance and monitoring.
Protecting businesses with copyright applications, assignments, licensing, cease and desist letters and copyright ownership and transfers.
Serving the transactional needs of producers, entertainment companies, and other creative… read more businesses.
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Registration
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Other Trademark & Copyright Matter
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"Nicole was invaluable in advising me on my new employment agreement. She listened well to my concerns, explained things clearly, and got back to me in a timely manner while communicating efficiently and directly. She worked with integrity while also being fiercely protective of my interests. Everyone knows a trustworthy lawyer is priceless - I would happily use her in the future and would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone!"
Sotto Legal, LLC
May 2013 - Present
Sotto Legal, LLC is a progressive New York City based law firm focused on Entertainment, Media, Intellectual Property (Copyrights & Trademarks) and Business law. Offering contemporary legal services for creatives and businesses. www.sottolegal.com
The Javdan Firm, PLLC
Apr 2014 - Feb 2015
• Focused on providing legal and business transactional work and contract drafting on behalf of high-profile and independent artists, musicians, producers, filmmakers, actors, writers, and creative professionals.
Bienstock & Michael, P.C.
May 2013 - Aug 2013
• Prepared entertainment law transaction agreements including: Work-for-Hire Agreement, Letter of Direction, Settlement and Release Agreement, Museum Loan Agreement, Vendor Agreement, Operating Agreement for a limited liability company, and a Finders Fee Agreement.
• Responded to USPTO office actions addressing matters such as likelihood of confusion, distinctiveness, insufficient specimen and product configuration functionality.
• Performed trademark searches and client search reports using USPTO and Saegis on Serion; filed trademark renewals with USPTO.
• Drafted domestic and international trademark infringement Cease and Desist Letters, which resulted in the removal of infringing and counterfeit goods.
• Drafted International Trade Commission Complaint to remedy client’s trademark infringement.
McGivney & Kluger, PC
Jun 2010 - Aug 2010
• Researched relevant environmental case law and precedent rulings, which provided the basis of a strong defense on behalf of corporate clients ranging from manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, contractors, and property owners.
• Played an active role in three plaintiff depositions; compiled relevant findings supporting corporate client, and prepared persuasive legal briefs for partners ahead of arbitration and litigation hearings.
Office of the Attorney General of the State of New York
Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
• Assisted New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo’s investigation of health insurance plans for college students; subpoenaed records from 10 health insurance companies; investigation identified poor quality insurance plans, conflicts of interest, and unethical payments at 65 colleges.
• Researched precedent rulings regarding client’s ability to testify under a non-disclosure agreement; provided a memo affirming that the client may disclose under New York Labor Laws and Sarbanes-Oxley.
Latham & Watkins
Jul 2007 - Jun 2008
• Provided paralegal support for a “Top 3” M&A group focused on corporate legal advisory including stock purchase and merger agreements, bond offerings, joint venture agreements, and other corporate contracts.
• Served as lead paralegal on the $227.9 million minority investment in Banco Colpatria by GE Money; held direct responsibility for the execution of deal closing documents.
• Provided deal team coordination in client meetings as the primary liaison between corporate clients and senior members of the legal team.
Inhouse Legal Intern
May 2005 - Aug 2005
• Worked with Vice President and Associate General Counsel of Litigation & Conflict Management on contracts, marketing, corporate branding, and best practices.