Attorney at Law
Jay is a trial-tested attorney who has handled many business litigation matters in areas including insurance coverage, corporate law, real estate, oil and gas, products liability, franchise, telecommunications, finance, employment, and construction. Furthermore, Jay is experienced in drafting and negotiating contracts, and is comfortable advising his clients on transactional matters.
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Licensing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Appellate Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Cease & Desist Letter
- Demand Letter
- Product Liability
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
- Case Law Research
- Letter of Intent
- Other Legal Research & Writing Matter
"I own an education tech startup and I hired Jay Hermele to write a contract for me. He was incredibly thorough, the contract was very well written, and multiple attorneys have since looked at it and it is iron clad. Jay was able to draft this contract with multiple audiences/lens in mind. Not to mention, Jay is extremely communicative and responsive, and efficient with his time for hours billed. Jay was a pleasure to work with, I look forward to working with him again, and recommend him without hesitation."
Posted on Jun 10, 2018
"I hired Jay Hermele in August 2017 for a couple of issues with a promissory note still owed to me. In the two cases he has handled he was prompt, professional and communicated our options in a clear and concise manner. The best part about working with Jay is that he was always completely honest about what we would be able to achieve and the best methods to get there. I highly recommend him for anyone seeking legal services especially for his high ethical standard and professionalism."
Posted on Jun 4, 2018
Barnard Hermele LLC
Feb 2018 - Present
Perform transactional and litigation services for a variety of commercial clients.
Moye White LLP
Jun 2014 - Jan 2018
• Acted as primary counsel in high-dollar litigation of commercial disputes in various areas, including franchise, real estate, SaaS contracts, oil and gas, insurance coverage, finance, and employment.
• Reviewed, drafted, and negotiated various contracts including SaaS agreements, asset purchase agreements, and agreements relating to licensing, employment, and franchising.
The Waltz Law Firm
Oct 2011 - May 2014
• Defended products liability, construction defect, personal injury, and commercial claims through all phases of litigation, assuming responsibility as lead counsel in many cases.
• Authored winning briefs in the Colorado Supreme Court and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.