Attorney at Law
FL, LA, DC
Her prior experience includes representing insurance clients in front of state and federal legislators, advising a financial company on employment and transactional issues, and trying cases in state and federal courts.
- Appellate Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Cease & Desist Letter
- Demand Letter
- Product Liability
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
- Contractor Agreement
- Contractor Termination
- Employee Handbook
- Employee Termination
- Employment Agreement
- Employment Policies & Procedures
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Employment)
- Severance Agreement
- Workplace Harassment & Discrimination Claims
- Other Labor & Employment Matter
- General Advice
The Goldwater Taplin Group
Attorney / Lobbyist
Sep 2015 - Present
• Helped interested parties respond to legislative efforts involving the U.S. - E.U. Covered Agreement.
• Consulted and advised insurance clients regarding cybersecurity issues.
• Serve as liaison between clients and officials in legislature to advance
strategic objectives, minimize
risk, and maximize profits while navigating complex regulatory frameworks.
Evans & Clesi
Jan 2014 - Sep 2015
• Successfully appealed dismissal of an employment case. Legal journals and educational materials cite this case because it expanded employee rights and the enforcement of contractual promises in Louisiana. Danna v. Ritz Carlton Hotel Co. 2014 WL 5819150 (2014).
• Defended insurer at trial, securing a settlement below the plaintiff’s original initial demand prior to jury verdict.
Weiss, Handler & Cornwell
Jan 2013 - Dec 2013
• Represented condominium board in complex multi-unit construction defect case through settlement negotiation and discovery.
• Prepared, filed under seal, and managed qui tam claim against for-profit college.
• Researched and vetted chemical experts in an international chemical liability case.
• Obtained service on Japanese defendant in product liability case and formulated successful opposition
The Receivables Exchange
Feb 2012 - Nov 2012
• Identified compliance priorities, redrafted company handbooks and conducted employee training.
• Advised the board of directors and the company of fiduciary oversight responsibility.
• Obtained dismissal of a T.C.P.A. lawsuit through collaboration with out of state counsel.
Law Firm of Colson Hicks Eidson
Jan 2011 - Feb 2012
• Formulated legal strategy in B.P. oil spill plaintiff litigation which was used at trial.
• Deposed fact witnesses and prepared case documents to establish minimum contacts against China and german defendants in federal Chinese Drywall multi-district litigation.
• Mediated airplane crash case according to international treaty.