Attorney for Entrepreneurs
School of Law
Chris focuses his practice on business formation, venture capital and angel financings, commercial contracts, equity crowdfunding, and general counsel for early stage and emerging growth companies. He's worked with hundreds of clients on all phases of a business, from early capital to late stage mergers and acquisitions.
Chris owns a private law practice in Silicon Beach where he has helped dozens of startups raise money and launch successfully. Chris graduated magna cum laude from Missouri University of Science and Technology and earned a JD from… read more University of San Diego School of Law.
"Harvey has been representing my company for several years. He gets what it takes to represent a business without over-lawyering it. Without hesitation I would (and do) highly recommend Harvey's firm for anyone running a business."
Posted on Jun 5, 2016
"Chris Harvey is the reason our business, Expert DOJO, exists. His advice when we started out was all based on our success rather than just getting us as clients. The high level of trust we have with him just does not exist in most other attorney firms and he has our highest recommendation for all our Expert DOJO clients for that reason."
Posted on Jun 5, 2016
Harvey Esquire APC
Aug 2014 - Present
Representing clients in all stages of capital financings and growth, including media companies, ecommerce sites, and online businesses:
• Financing and acquisitions (Corporate Law).
• VC-backed investments for Series A and seed investment rounds
• Trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets law (IP Law)
• Business agreements, employment contracts and commercial leases (Contracts Law)
Randazza Legal Group
Mar 2012 - Mar 2016
• Trademarks, copyrights and other IP-related matters (IP Law)
• Drafted and closed UDRP complaints - domain name disputes (Internet Law)
• Advised companies in a variety of transactional matters including corporate restructuring and other matters.
Sep 2012 - Jul 2014
In house counsel for private equity firm including:
• asset purchase agreements
• leasing transactions
• LLC formations
• private financing documentation
• due diligence review and preparation
• negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and option contracts
Asaro Keagy Freeland & McKinley
Associate Litigation Attorney
Sep 2008 - Mar 2012
• Civil litigation, business litigation, real estate law
• Litigated against NASDAQ publicly traded company, $5 million arbitration in favor of client