Certificate of Good Standing Arkansas: Everything You Need to Know
Certificate of Good Standing Arkansas refers to a document issued by the Secretary of State of Arkansas that bears the seal of the Secretary of State or other issuing agency. 3 min read
Arkansas Certificate of Good Standing Overview
Certificate of Good Standing Arkansas refers to a document issued by the Secretary of State of Arkansas that bears the seal of the Secretary of State or other issuing agency. It certifies your business’s legal ability to operate in the state. Specifically, it certifies that your business:
- Is in compliance with every Arkansas state requirement for the business.
- That it is legally registered with the state, either as a domestic or foreign (out-of-state) entity.
- That it has filed all necessary reports to the Secretary of State.
- That it is current on all fees and tax filings.
- That it is not in default or been suspended.
The business structures that a Certificate of Good Standing can be obtained for, whether they be domestic, foreign, profit, or nonprofit, are:
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Limited or general partnership
- Limited liability partnership
A Certificate of Good Standing can be used to acquire loans, renew business licenses, and fulfill a number of other business and tax purposes. It also can assure other businesses or individuals of the quality of the business in question.
Obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing for Your Business
A Certificate of Good Standing can be obtained in Arkansas by mail, email, fax, phone, online order form, or in-person office visit, although online filing is the most popular and efficient manner. The process for filing by each of these methods is as follows:
- Online. The Arkansas Secretary of State website is where you can go to obtain the certificate, which will be available for print or mailing immediately upon completion and acceptance of filing. Payment can be made by MasterCard, American Express, Visa, or Discover.
- Phone. Those ordering by phone should have their credit card information ready to pay for their order. The phone number is (501)-682-3409 or 1-888-233-0325.
- In-person. In-person requests should be made at your local Secretary of State’s office. They will be handled as quickly as possible; usually within 24 business hours.
- Email. To obtain a certificate by email, you must provide your business name, the specific document you are requesting, and a phone number to be contacted by for your credit card information or if there are any questions or problems related to your request. The email address is [email protected]. Return service is not available.
- Fax. Fax requests should contain the same information as e-mail requests and be sent on a typical fax cover sheet. It is recommended that you follow your fax request with a phone call to provide your credit card information. You should not send your credit card information by fax. The fax number is (501)-682-3432. Return service is not available.
- Mail. Mail requests should be made with the same information as e-mail requests. They should be mailed to the following address:
Arkansas Secretary of State
Business/Commercial Services Division
1401 West Capitol, Ste. 250
Little Rock, AR 72201
If paying by check or money order, such payments should be made out to the Arkansas Secretary of State. Online processing is immediate, while all other processing should occur within 24 to 48 business hours. Mail requests will take more time for shipping, which will be done by regular mail unless otherwise specified (and at your expense). The filing fee for all requests is $25, and $3 more for online orders.
Obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing for Another Business
If you desire to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing for a business other than your own, the following process can be followed:
- Go to the Arkansas Secretary of State’s Certificate of Good Standing search page. There you can search for the business in question by the business’s name, filing number, or registered agent information.
- Look through the results until you find the business you are looking for. Whether it is in good standing will be listed beneath the status heading.
- Upon clicking on the business name, you will be taken to a page where you can purchase its Certificate of Good Standing.
- After choosing to purchase the certificate, you will have to choose whether you want a paper copy or a PDF download.
- The final step then is to pay for the certificate. Once payment has been accepted, you can download and print the certificate for your files.
If you need further help understanding the Certificate of Good Standing Arkansas, you can post your legal need on UpCounsel’s marketplace. UpCounsel accepts only the top 5 percent of lawyers. Lawyers on UpCounsel come from law schools such as Harvard Law and Yale and average 14 years of legal experience, including work with or on behalf of companies like Google, Menlo Ventures, and Airbnb.