Attorney at Law
My current practice area includes employment law, consumer rights and contracts cases. Along with that, I also deal with immigration and family law cases in India and the US.
Having studied and worked in two countries on the opposite sides of the globe, I have developed a flair to understand variety of intricate legal nuances. I also take pride in my ability to facilitate exchange of ideas, and navigate complex… read more challenges with collaborative efforts.
- Contractor Agreement
- Contractor Termination
- Employee Handbook
- Employee Termination
- Workplace Harassment & Discrimination Claims
- Other Labor & Employment Matter
- Case Law Research
- Other Legal Research & Writing Matter
- Breach of Contract
- Demand Letter
- Settlement Agreement
"My case was supposed to be pretty straight forward but because of the Defendant's tactics, has been turned into a complicated mess, involving competing jurisdictions of two countries. Sargam, with her knowledge of two legal systems, has helped me navigate through my case. She is concise and clear in her explanations and has devised an excellent strategy to tackle the case. Together with my regular attorney, she has helped prepare me for depositions, done extensive research to stay a step ahead of the opposing counsel and also balance the things going on in two countries."
"Sargam has been working with me for one year now. She manages all my work well and has helped me a lot with all my employment law, consumer rights and business torts questions. She is sharp and develops well articulated legal arguments backed by solid legal research. Her work is always on time!"
DC Bar Pro Bono Center
Mar 2019 - Present
-child custody, divorce cases
The Consumer and Employee Rights Law Firm
May 2018 - Present
Research, analysis, memo/opinion writing, drafting arguments and motions in legal issues of employment and consumer rights law.
Deal with matters involving wage and hour, retaliation, discrimination, class actions and business torts.
Help prepare clients for deposition, participate in mediations
Pedersen Law, PLLC
Legal Assistant Paralegal
Sep 2017 - Nov 2017
- Drafted court orders, marital agreements in divorce cases.
- Researched for divorce and family law issues.
Powell Law, PLLC
Jan 2017 - Apr 2017
- Assisted with applications for family-based immigration benefits.
- Compiled supporting evidence.
- Researched about employment visas to determine eligibility of clients specifically H1B, O and P visas
- Researched and assisted with SIJS, VAWA and asylum claims
- Wrote part of a brief regarding country conditions.
- Helped in cases requiring bilingual expertise (English and Hindi).
Remfry and Sagar
Mar 2016 - Mar 2016
- Reviewed “Examination Reports” of the Trademark office.
- Drafted responses to counter objections to registrations of trademarks.
- Drafted reports for clients.
- Reviewed trademarks published in the Trademark Journal for discrepancies/errors.
- Researched and analyzed prior marks and international registrations of the subject mark.
Law Offices of Sudhanshu Batra
Feb 2016 - Feb 2016
- Researched and analyzed matters of Company law, Election law and Trademarks.
- Prepared case briefs.
Chandha and Co.
Jan 2016 - Jan 2016
- Researched cases related to Employment law, Immigration law, Company law, Foreign Exchange, Foreign Investments, Compliance issues and Arbitration for national and international clients.
- Prepared memoranda and case briefs.
RM and Associates
Summer Associate and Legal Intern
Jul 2013 - Oct 2015
Prepared legal drafts/petitions/oral arguments for high profile clients in corporate, civil, criminal and tax/service matters.
Drafted appeals, applications, police complaints and legal opinions.
Attended court hearings and contributed in case discussions.
Conducted client meetings/counseling//counseling/negotiation sessions.
Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Center
Jan 2015 - Mar 2015
Drafted settlement agreements for clients.
- Developed content for the knowledge repository of the Mediation Center.
- Prepared Power Point Presentations for Judge Members of the Mediation Center.
- Helped coordinate “Asia Pacific International Mediation Summit” collaborated by the American Bar Association.