Attorney at Law
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Formation Consults
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Outside General Counsel
- Fund Formation
- SEC Documents
- Securities Regulations
- Seed Financing
- Series Financing
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Subscription Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Other Securities & Finance Matter
"Patti understood the business and legal issues involved in negotiating this relationship and was clear and thorough in her drafting. Patti appreciated that our goal was to create a long-term relationship and set the appropriate tone. Appreciate the good work - thank you, Patti!"
"Patti helped us launch a new hedge fund with a unique investment strategy. It was our first international offering and Patti's experience proved invaluable; we got everything was done without issue on a tight timeline. We look forward to working together again."
Riggs Davie PLC
Investment Management Attorney
Jun 2018 - Present
• Structure private funds, join ventures and separately managed accounts.
• Draft Offering Memoranda, fund governing documents (e.g., LPAs and LLCAs), investment management agreements, subscription agreements and management entity operating agreements.
• Address regulatory matters including SEC and CFTC registration and exemptions, compliance policies and procedures, regulatory inquiries.
UBS Hedge Fund Solutions
Investment Structuring Officer and Director
May 2016 - May 2018
• Provided legal support to investment team managing $38B in private fund AUM
• Responsible for launching and maintaining HFS’s first separately managed account platform ($1B+ in AUM)
• Drafted & negotiated investment advisory agreements, offering documents and related materials
• Analyzed SEC, CFTC, ERISA and other regulatory issues for each launch
•Conducted legal DD & side letter negotiations
MKP Capital Management
Sep 2007 - Jun 2012
Managed five-person Legal Department and all legal needs of a multi-strategy alternative asset manager with over $5B in hedge funds assets under management.
Davidson Kempner Capital Management
Mar 2006 - Sep 2007
Provided legal counsel to multi-strategy alternative asset manager with $11B in assets under management at the time.
Investment Management Associate
Sep 2000 - Mar 2006
Provided advice and other services to asset managers with diverse investment strategies.