Attorney at Law
With a record of resolute problem solving, I have partnered successfully with corporate leadership and provided clear-cut, practical, business-centric advice and solutions in a number of areas,
Commercial Transactions ● Contract Drafting & Negotiating ● Corporate Compliance ● Securities Transactions ● Corporate Law… read more & Governance ● Corporate Financing
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Formation Consults
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"Chris worked in our firm's Structured Products and Derivatives Group as a staff attorney. He worked primarily on structured products offerings. He worked well with other attorneys and with our clients, and was a well-regarded attorney in our group."
"I worked with Chris during his years at Pfizer. Chris and I often worked very closely on a number of projects. I always found Chris to be one of the most detailed individuals I have ever met - and his work product was always stellar. Substantively, Chris was very knowledgeable and was able to apply that knowledge in a very productive and effective manner, always providing the client with a workable solution to the issue at hand. Chris also has a wonderful work ethic and an amazingly positive attitude. He was an absolute pleasure to work with."
Litchfield Legal Limited
Director and Counsel
Apr 2018 - Present
Represent various US and UK clients in diverse industries for general corporate and commercial matters. Draft and negotiate commercial agreements. Advise organizations on corporate law and compliance issues. Provide strategic legal advice regarding contract disputes and negotiate with counterparties.
Business Law Consultant
Nov 2014 - Apr 2018
Retained as corporate and commercial law subject matter expert to assist in recapturing market share in practical advice space lost to competitor.
Director and Assistant Corporate Secretary
Sep 2012 - Aug 2013
Responsible for corporate governance, ethics and compliance. Organised and conducted quarterly meetings of four Committees and the Board of Directors. Prepared all meeting book materials, including drafting agendas, resolutions, minutes and committee reports. Refined and edited disparate departmental submissions for meeting books.
White and Williams
Apr 2011 - Aug 2012
Recruited by market-leading insurance industry law firm for structured finance product knowledge after financial crisis resulted in surge of lawsuits implicating D&O insurance policies.
Litchfield Legal Limited
Director and Counsel
Sep 2006 - Feb 2011
Founded law practice serving a variety of financial services firms in matters arising from the financial crisis as well as new transactions. Conducted forensic analyses of “underwater” structured finance transactions for bank exculpations. Negotiated and drafted international financial agreements and commercial contracts.
Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft LLP
Mar 2007 - Mar 2008
• Provided transactional and SEC, FSA and EU regulatory counselling to financial firms.
• Negotiated and drafted underwriting and transaction papers and was company secretary to offshore and UK companies.
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
Mar 2005 - Jul 2006
• Provided structuring and SEC regulatory counselling to parties to international capital markets transactions.
• Negotiated and drafted offshore and domestic offering and corporate secretarial documents.
Dewey Ballantine LLP
Aug 1999 - Feb 2005
• Provided structuring advice and regulatory counselling to parties to financial transactions.
• Responsible for private placement materials, public offering transaction documents and securities registration statements.
• Reviewed and provided comments on transaction servicer and auditor regulatory reports.
• Prepared governance/secretarial documents for Caymans, Delaware & New York entities.
Jun 1991 - Jan 1999
• Negotiated and drafted contracts for all corporate and commercial needs, including telecoms, procurement, real estate, IT, HR, construction/engineering.
• • Responsible for sale & leaseback of real property and negotiating and drafting all contracts for turnkey construction and outfitting of several major capital facilities.
Mudge Rose Guthrie Alexander & Ferdon LLP
Sep 1989 - Jan 1991
• Conducted New York and Delaware corporate law research; prepared client memoranda.
• International commercial loan agreement negotiating and drafting.
• Negotiated and drafted project finance transaction documents, covering both the “financial side” (e.g., project lending) and the “project side” (e.g., design-build, BOT, etc. contracts).