Attorney at Law
• Building innovative, strategic relationships with third parties that expand competitive advantage
• Negotiating complex business transactions that maximize flexibility and potential savings/revenue
• Designing compliance programs that balance risk and practical solutions, and
• Managing litigation to facilitate good decisions/outcomes, apply lessons learned and mitigate risk
I am known as a leader who models integrity and ethical business practices, builds alliances easily, develops and mentors high performing teams and drives innovation and continuous… read more improvement.
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Breach of Contract
- Cease & Desist Letter
- Demand Letter
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
- General Advice
"Steve is simply a phenomenal professional and even better person. Working with him has been a privilege for me. His legal and business knowledge is second to none and rarely found. Moreover, Steve's passion, thoroughness and partnership are tremendous and working alongside him has been a true pleasure."
"Steve is an exceptional talent and his combination of legal knowledge, business acumen and a management skill is rare. Steve was already acting as Chief of Staff to the CEO when I joined Ahold USA in 2013, and his leadership was critical in guiding the board as we completely revamped the business governance model and executed a brand re-launch at all of our businesses. His extraordinary sense of strategy and execution ensured the success of these and numerous other important initiatives. The secrets to Steve’s success are simple – he’s bright and an incredibly hard worker, treats everyone with respect, puts his team first and has impeccable ethics. I can’t recommend Steve strongly enough."
Ahold USA, Inc.
Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Communications
Jan 2013 - Jan 2018
• Chief of Staff to the Chief Executive Officer and Secretary to the Executive Board.
• Deputy General Counsel responsible for recommending and driving Legal Department priorities including restructuring and developing staff, executing compliance and training programs and managing disputes and litigation.
• Head of Compliance & Ethics, Government Affairs and Communications departments.
Ahold USA, Inc.
Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel
Jan 2008 - Dec 2012
• Managed Business & Regulatory Law, Real Estate Law, Labor & Employment Law, Risk Management and Food Safety Departments.
• Deep experience negotiating and documenting complex commercial and technical agreements, including license, service, SaaS and cloud-based agreements and developing compliance programs that balance business and legal needs.
• Strong business acumen and communication skills.