Attorney at Law
Prior to founding Sievert Werly, Daniel worked at two Am Law 100 law firms in Chicago, most recently as a member of the sports industry team at Foley & Lardner LLP. In that capacity, he represented a wide variety of corporate clients including professional sports teams, leagues, and… read more athletes.
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Publishing Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Appellate Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Cease & Desist Letter
- Demand Letter
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
- Outside General Counsel
Sievert Werly LLC
Feb 2017 - Present
• Recently launched law firm dedicated to serving clients in the sports and entertainment industries.
• Drafts, reviews, and negotiates sponsorship, licensing, contractor, and numerous other commercial agreements for the Tennessee Titans and other sports industry clients.
Foley & Lardner
Mar 2012 - Dec 2015
• Member of the top nationally ranked Sports Industry Team.
• Represented professional sports teams, leagues, and companies in a wide variety of day-to-day legal matters, including the drafting, review and negotiation of various commercial agreements.
• Represented sports entities in all phases of commercial disputes, ranging from pre-litigation dispute resolution, litigation or arbitration of co
Sep 2009 - Mar 2012
• Successfully negotiated settlement for a contentious lease dispute between a former NBA all-star and real estate management company.
• Argued motions in front of the District, State and Immigration courts.
• Participated in trial fact and strategy preparation, including taking numerous discovery and expert depositions, drafting jury instructions, drafting and arguing motions in limine.