Attorney at Law
My practice focuses on complex transactions using my business, strategic, and financial acumen not only to give you the lawyer's answer, but also to give you the relevant business impacts of legal issues. My communications are in plain English, and I'm here to explain everything to your satisfaction. I'll answer your way - calls, emails, or texts.
Mammoet USA North
Nov 2017 - Present
Managing litigation arising from contractual disputes with the owner of a $580 MM amusement project in New York City. Working with outside counsel, Mammoet employees, expert witnesses, and a mediator in working toward a resolution during litigation.
Amec Foster Wheeler
Aug 2012 - Jan 2017
Contract drafting / negotiations, litigation management, and project dispute resolution within North America, Ireland, Israel, and Australia.
• Asset acquisition due diligence
• Mitigated delay claims
• Settled warranty claims
Feb 2011 - Aug 2012
Contract drafting / negotiations, litigation management, and project dispute resolution within the United States and the Bahamas.
• Successfully challenged a government contract bid rejection
• Renegotiated thirteen active post-merger acquired leases
• Prepared a policy memorandum for the White House as part of an Infrastructure Sustainability Conference
Young Lawyers Group
Jan 2010 - Feb 2011
Counseled businesses and individuals in business development and risk management in general corporate, real estate, and construction sectors.
• Obtained zoning variances and economic incentives from the local government for the development of a 1M square foot regional retail center
• Negotiated new franchise leases and negotiated a master franchise agreement
May 2007 - Aug 2007
Prepared various aspects of administrative claims for zoning violations, building code violations, design professional license violations, and licensed contractor violations, generating fines for the City of New York in excess of $100,000.