Chemical Patent Attorney | Houston Patent Attorney
Patent Bar, DC, TX
WHY IT WORKS: I have a Ph.D. in chemistry and over 7 years of experience in patent preparation, patent prosecution, and patent opinion work. With this practical experience, I help clients (1) use patents to turn their most marketable innovations into their most valuable business assets and (2) bring products to market while minimizing their risk of patent infringement.
I would be happy to speak… read more with you about your unique situation.
"A shout out to William Childs. He was a last minute addition to the team. As a PhD in Chemistry and patent lawyer, he was invaluable at getting the various chemical claim limitations spotted in the tombs of chemistry and lubrication. Extremely responsive and helpful attitude in a time-pressure situation."
Posted on Aug 25, 2016
"The perspective and approach William took in writing our patent was so different from everything we had seen, that it took us awhile to appreciate how great what he had done really was. His work delivered a level of protection that far surpassed our expectations."
Posted on Aug 25, 2016
Jul 2016 - Present
WHAT I DO: I help inventors and businesses get patents for their inventions, avoid getting sued for patent infringement, and avoid bad business deals. In other words, I handle patent preparation, patent prosecution, patent freedom to operate, and patent due diligence.
Haynes and Boone
Oct 2014 - Jul 2015
• Provided validity, infringement, and clearance landscapes.
• Drafted patent applications in chemical and material technologies.
• Managed foreign and domestic prosecution of chemical patent applications.
Sunstein Kann Murphy & Timbers LLP
Mar 2014 - Sep 2014
• Prepared freedom-to-operate memos for chemical and biological technologies.
• Prosecuted domestic and foreign chemical patent applications.
• Drafted memos to support an interference.
Sep 2010 - Feb 2014
Drafted and prosecuted domestic and foreign chemical patent applications directed to pharmaceuticals, therapeutic methods, and other chemical technologies.
• Prepared validity, infringement, freedom-to-operate, and patentability opinions in areas including pharmaceuticals, drug delivery, and personal care products.
• Interviewed USPTO examiners to obtain allowance of pending applications.
Aug 2008 - Aug 2010
• Drafted validity and infringement opinions directed toward chemical technologies.
• Researched and wrote memos on legal issues, including infringement, “prior use,” inventorship, patentability, and claim construction.
• Prosecuted U.S. patent applications in areas including, pharmaceuticals, polymers, carbon nanotubes, photolithography, adhesives, semiconductors, light emitting diodes, and more.