Attorney at Law
District of Columbia
School of Law
Hua was a United States Presidential Scholar, recipient of the American Bar Association Legal Opportunity Scholarship, and a contributor to the MIT Entrepreneurship Review.
Hua took 2nd Place at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Free… read more Enterprise Hackathon.
Investment Management Associate
May 2014 - Apr 2015
• Represented institutions in sale of interests in private equity portfolios.
• Advised fund managers and other investment advisers on structuring, organization and distribution, as well as legal and regulatory compliance with federal and state securities laws, with a focus on the Investment Advisers Act.
Private Investment Funds Associate
Nov 2012 - Jan 2014
• Represented fund sponsors and institutional investors in connection with fund formations, secondary transactions, and portfolio investments, including counseling on terms and marketing strategy, advising on management company issues, and drafting partnership and general partner documents.
• Advised sponsors regarding fundraisings and investors on fund investments and direct co-investments.
Jan 2012 - Aug 2012
• Represented the US in a fellowship to study entrepreneurship, intellectual property law, and venture capital.
• Founded a clean energy startup and was selected as a finalist in the Dell Social Innovation Challenge and the Harvard Social Enterprise Competition.
Jan 2004 - Jun 2007
• Performed in top 5% of global peer group.
• Conducted interviews with senior executives and negotiated with general counsel during due diligence of a $200M business process outsourcing deal at Bristol-Myers Squibb.
• Created business development strategy for a $1B global outsourcing deal at DuPont.
• Led benchmarking analysis of best-in-class call centers and managed process reengineering
Investment Banking Analyst
May 2003 - Aug 2003
• Wrote commitment committee and sales memoranda for Peabody Energy's secondary offering.
• Drafted a fairness opinion for Rockwood Specialties regarding KKR’s $25 million equity investment.
• Valued specialty chemicals companies using discounted cash flow and comparables analyses.
Global Research Intern
May 2002 - Aug 2002
• Analyzed the effects of globalization on the aircraft industry in China, South Korea, and Malaysia.
• Presented research on the development of a global leadership curriculum to senior executives.