Attorney at Law
"Sets clear expectations in the beginning & meets the deadline with expected result. "
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
"Thoughtful, accurate reviews. Very clear communication style."
"Chris is incredibly thoughtful anddetailed."
"Accurate costing, fast turnaround, high quality agreements drafted!"
"Chris is very knowledgeable and he is clearly passionate about helping out startups. His prices are fair and his advice is always valuable."
"Chris is always a joy to work with and I appreciate that he presents a balanced and practical view, as in "here are the legal issues, but really you want to do X, Y and Z to avoid those in the first place."."
"Chris has been quite helpful and responsive. He cares about his clients."
Borders Law Group
Mar 2014 - Present
Practical and personal business services for growing and established clients. BLG specializes in matters involving critical business and commercial contracts and disputes; new entity formation; founder, partner and investor relationships; intellectual property, data and technology matters; employment matters; and insurance analysis. BLG helps your business navigate our ever-changing world.
CEO & Co-Founder
Feb 2014 - Present
The first discovery platform + marketplace for local and national newsworthy videos & photos. We get everyone's best videos & photos seen by more viewers and licensed to news media instantly. We solve news media's huge unmet demand for fresh, of-the-moment imagery and let them again be the first to report, while paying sellers 50% of license fees.
Hinshaw & Culbertson
Dec 2005 - Feb 2014
- Litigate complex commercial law disputes, including insurance, employment, professional liability, construction defect and general commercial litigation.
- Support general business clients in areas of commercial contracts, intellectual property, advertising and marketing law, employment disputes, and new entity formation.
Feb 2003 - Dec 2005
Litigation and business practice
Jan 2002 - Dec 2002
• Manage all legal affairs of public software company (NASDAQ : APPS) providing VoIP messaging/unified information technology and services.
• Draft licenses, service provider agreements, statements of work, and other business contracts with customers, vendors and suppliers.
• Negotiate debt financings and equipment lease/sale-leaseback transactions.
• Prosecute intellectual property matters.
Apr 2000 - Dec 2001
• Manage domestic and international legal matters for venture capital backed software and services company.
• Manage intellectual property portfolio, including 10+ issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
• Negotiate, draft and implement business contracts, license agreements, partnership/joint venture agreements, professional services agreements.
• Manage facilities and operations.
Partner / Associate
Apr 1990 - Feb 2000
General litigation, IP and business practice, focusing on commercial insurance contract litigation.
Long & Levit
Dec 1988 - Jan 1990
General litigation practice.