Attorney at Law
Denver Sturm College of Law
As a solo corporate counsel, I provide a number of services more affordably than hiring outside counsel, especially for the everyday requirements of corporate governance. I have handled all crucial transactions and records, from SEC filings to maintaining corporate entities’ registrations with various Secretaries of State.
Solo Practice Corporate Governance and Securities Law Attorney
Jan 1991 - Present
Solo Practice in Corporate and Securities Law
Dennis Brovarone P.C.
Jan 1991 - Present
Established and operates a private legal practice, specializing in regulatory compliance, corporate governance, public/ private financing offerings and financial reporting compliance for businesses ranging from small, entrepreneurial start-ups to publicly-traded companies.
● Assists client companies with public and private offerings, including full disclosure, terms of offerings and compliance with SEC Securities Act and State Blue Sky regulations
● Provides legal counsel to companies preparing for an IPO: due diligence reviews, interfacing with underwriters’ counsel and regulator; registration statements, and overall SEC, Blue Sky and market compliance
● Creates quarterly, annual and special event reports as per SEC Exchange Act regulations
● Creates and maintains voluntary initial disclosure statements and annual and quarterly reports pursuant to OTC Pink Market Disclosure Guidelines
● Maintains corporate entities’ registration with Secretaries of State throughout the US, including trade name registration research for new businesses
● Ensures Best Practice Corporate Governance for Boards of Directors and Management: preparation of agendas, meeting scripts, minutes and resolutions
● Coordinates corporate reorganizations, including RTO/shell company transactions for both US and international businesses, including SEC Super 8-K requirements to terminate shell company status
● Review clients’ SOX practices, update clients on regulatory changes and offer suggestions for compliance and company structure
● Conducted land title and location research for mining claims and oil & gas leases
● Issues legal opinions and reviews contracts
● Coordinates insider stock trades under Rule 114, Rule 10b5-1 plans and Section 16 reporting
● Interfaces with Depository Trust company and Broadridge Issuer Services
Rocky Mountain Hemp Association
Jan 2014 - Jan 2015
Jan 2014 - Jan 2014
Independent Public Company Director
Jan 1996 - Aug 2013
(NASDAQ: PURE)Served on compensation committee; worked with management on securities transactions, SEC reporting and corporate governance for a biotech company developing a unique anti-microbial substance for use in food service and other new markets.
Robert Half Legal
Oct 2011 - Jan 2013
Served as contract analyst for the Office of the Controller of Currency’s nationwide, comprehensive review of mortgage banking practices in regards to states’ foreclosure procedures.
● Became intimately familiar with mortgage contracts, banking practices and multiple states’ foreclosure laws and required procedures, including interplay between first and second mortgages
● Reviewed, analyzed and extracted data from a high volume of highly detailed client files
● Assigned to a national bank and its associated lenders: determined banks’ loan/ foreclosure processing and compare against checklist of states’ required processes
● Served on results-oriented team to process a high number of contractual reviews
LeBouef, Lamb, Leiby & MacRae
Jan 1980 - Jan 1983
Clear Creek County Assessor
Land & Title Clerk
Jan 1979 - Jan 1980