International e-Commerce Counsel
Netflix Luxembourg S.à r.l.
Manager, Product & Marketing Counsel
Nov 2010 - Present
Sep 2007 - Feb 2011
Senior Axiom Attorney. Axiom attorney assigned to NetApp, Inc. in Mountain View. Managed contract management team. Lead negotiations on multimillion dollar transactions involving hardware purchase, and software licensing and services.
At assignment to Magellan, provided general corporate and commercial legal support to the company globally. Drafted, reviewed and negotiated complex agreements, including, manufacturing; licensing; consulting & development; distribution, reseller and sales representative; and promotional agreements. Created online subscription agreement and update end user license agreements. Reviewed and negotiate promotional agreements and sweepstakes terms and conditions as well as all collateral relating to the consumer promotions.
Associate General Counsel
Oct 2004 - May 2005
• Key member of company’s IPO in January 2005, valued at over US$1 billion.
• Drafted corporate governance and arranged for online access of the documents on company’s website.
• Drafted company’s first Proxy Statement and lead a team in preparation of the Annual Report to Shareholders. Coordinated all aspects with the printing and distribution of proxy materials, as well as filing with the SEC.
• Coordinated with the Board, Finance, Treasury and transfer agent on the declaration and payment of mandatory cash and stock dividends to company’s original shareholders, and a quarterly cash dividend to the holders of preferred stock. Drafted all relevant documents and notices relating to dividend declarations and payments.
Associate General Counsel
Sep 1999 - Apr 2004
• Drafted, Edgarized and filed SEC reporting documents; and coordinated the preparation and distribution of Proxy Materials and organization of the Annual Shareholders Meeting.
• Lead negotiations in strategic OEM arrangements with key domestic and international partners; software license and development agreements for corporate and product requirements; engineering design agreements; and e-commerce strategic marketing arrangements.
• Negotiated and drafted procurement, distribution, sales, marketing, promotional and consulting agreements.
• Managed company’s corporate portfolio of 23 domestic and international subsidiaries, including establishment of subsidiaries, corporate resolutions and business registrations in various jurisdictions.
American Airlines Group
Dec 1996 - Sep 1999
- Represented various business groups (strategic planning, information technology, advertising, purchasing, and airline products) on negotiations of commercial deals, some having valuation in the tens of millions of dollars.
- Negotiated and drafted agreements for various transactions, including, agreements for mergers and acquisitions of companies; strategic alliances, software development, implementation and licensing agreements; marketing and promotional agreements; purchasing agreements; services agreements; agreements for the sale and purchase of assets and shares; and general commercial agreements involving AMRs activities in Asia.
Johnson Stokes & Master
Foreign Legal Counsel
Jul 1994 - Oct 1996
- Attorney in Indochina Practice Group and General Commercial and Banking Department.
- Represented Cathay Pacific Airlines on aircraft finance projects and various commercial transactions; venture capitalists on strategic deals; borrowers on simple secured and unsecured loan transactions, as well as syndicated loan transactions; banks on private banking issues and documentation; and general corporations on various corporate and commercial matters.
- Negotiated, drafted, reviewed and commented on general financing agreements; commercial agreements, including, stock option agreements, shareholders agreements, subscription agreements; licensing agreements, distribution agreements and agency agreements.
- Participated in several investment transactions in Vietnam.