How to get started
Answer a few questions about your legal needs and availability
We’ll match you with a highly qualified legal professional within minutes
Schedule your appointment, and receive a call at the agreed upon time
$39 for 15 minutes
- You’ll have 15 minutes to chat with your lawyer and discuss your legal needs.
- UpCounsel Advice is designed to connect you directly with experienced lawyers qualified to answer your legal questions.
- UpCounsel Advice is not designed for completing your legal work (i.e. drafting a contract, filing a trademark, etc.). Rather, it is meant for getting your questions answered and determining if it requires further legal assistance – ideal for when you are considering taking action on a specific project.
Anna Kerner Andersson
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to pay before speaking with a lawyer?
Yes, you’ll be asked to submit payment prior to your scheduled call.
What happens if my call is longer than 15 minutes?
Your lawyer will let you know when your time is up, and how to proceed with an hourly billing engagement if/when you decide to move forward with a project.
Can I hire the lawyer after the call?
Yes, absolutely! Following your conversation, your lawyer may offer to help with your legal needs and initiate a project. Be sure to discuss pricing, and once you’ve agreed to a rate, you can pay directly through your UpCounsel account.
What happens if I'm not satisfied?
Your satisfaction is our priority. In the event where you feel like we didn’t meet your expectations, we will issue a full refund.
- Our lawyers are highly vetted and reviewed (14 years avg. experience)
- We accept < 5% of lawyers applying to join UpCounsel
- Upfront pricing and no hidden fees
- 24/7 customer support
- Your information is kept private, safe and secure.